I always enjoy compiling these virtual “wishlists”. They are basically a list of things I’ve had my eye on recently. Have you tried any of these things, bought any or longed for any of them? I always manage to create quite a long list of things I’m loving. That list is normally longer than the list of things I actually purchase. Oh dear! Anyway, let’s get started with my September lust list.
- Real Techniques Core Collection Set – I currently own (only) one Real Techniques brush. *insert sad emoji here*. But one brush is more than enough to entice me into wanting more of them. I’ve had my eye on the Buffing brush for as long as I can remember, but unfortunately the only way to buy it is if you buy this whole set. Why Real Techniques, why? One of these days I’ll take a big gulp, close my eyes and hand over my debit card. I’ve heard the Buffing brush is even better at foundation application than the Expert Face brush is. Well… my Birthday and Christmas is just around the corner. *wink wink* R450 at Foschini
- Benefit Lollitint – This is definitely the next Benefit item on my “must try” list. Oh yes, before I forget – go check out my “Must Haves” Benefit list for those of you that aren’t familiar with the brand. I first tried Lollitint at my Benefit event in July. The thing that I like most about this lip & cheek tint is that it’s highly pigmented. I don’t like their original Benetint because it’s lacking in colour while this oh-so-pretty candy-orchid tint gives off the perfect amount of colour for flushed cheeks. R385 at Red Square and selected Edgars stores.
- Bobbi Brown Hydrating Eye Cream – It’s no fun when you suffer from dehydration lines. To be honest my under-eye area is always lacking in hydration so when I go looking for a new eye cream I always look for those that use words like “moisture” and “hydration”. I’ve tried this specific Bobbi Brown one in-store before and I love it as a base for concealer. It melts into your skin and leaves your delicate under-eye area feeling soft and moisturised. R610 at Bobbi Brown counters.
- MAC Studio Waterweight Foundation – I used to hate MAC foundations. They would make me break out and to be honest they did nothing for my skin. Well, fast forward a few years and my skin obviously changed considerably because for the last couple of years MAC foundations have quickly become my holy grail foundations of choice. MAC promises that this new addition delivers colour in an ultra-fluid, thin, elastic gel-serum formula. It’s supposed to feel weightless and comfortable for hours. Yes please! What girl doesn’t want that? As a bonus it blurs imperfections, leaves your skin feeling silky, offers hydration and delivers SPF 30. Thanks MAC, I’ll take one (or two) to go. R380 at MAC.
- Café De Bain Indulgent Bath Crème – I’m sure that most of you have already spotted this delectable range at Pick n Pay. If not then head on over there and sniff away! It’s a party for your senses. I was browsing the internet the other day (as one does) and stumbled across a scent that I haven’t seen on the shelves yet but that I hope will make its way here very soon. It’s the Cherry & Almond Frangipane scent. Oh my goodness! If you know me then you know that this here scent is my ultimate. I need everything and anything cherry in my life. Help me out here guys – when/ if you ever see this scent hit our shelves please immediately send me a WhatsApp, DM, Tweet, Email and even carrier pigeon a message if you can! R59,95 at Pick n Pay.
- Physician’s Formula Youthful Wear Spotless Foundation & Brush SPF15 – Yip, another foundation is on my lust list this month. I think I’m having a ‘foundation moment’ right now. I’ve been desperately seeking out the perfect foundation for my skin at this current time. Also, how adorable is the packaging of this new range from Physician’s Formula? But not only that it has been formulated with powerful brightening actives proven to help lighten dark spots and pigmentation. It also boasts quite an impressive ingredient list which includes blackcurrant seed oil and paeonol (both high in omega fatty acids) as well as Calcium aluminum borosilicate, which is supposed to create a soft focus effect and blur lines by optical diffusion. R229.95 at Dis-Chem
- Cotton On Lacey Lace-Up pumps – In this moment in time I’m obsessed with the new lace-up pump trend. I’ve noticed a few at several stores but my favourites have to be these pretty nude ones from Cotton On. I absolutely, definitely, must have them in my life. I think they also come in black. Hmm… decisions, decisions. About R300 at Cotton On.
- Physicians Formula Argan Wear Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil Blush in “Rose” – Another new addition to the Physicians Formula family. How absolutely beautiful does this pink blush look? I would probably feel too bad to even use it. Imagine destroying that perfect, pretty pattern? Shock, horror! Due to the Argan oil that’s infused into this blush, you can only imagine the skin nourishing benefits it must offer. R199.95 at Dis-Chem
- Nespresso Palermo & Milano Limited Edition Coffee Capsules – I’m a big lover of Nespresso coffee and whenever there’s a new flavour out on the market I’m all over it like an excited kid on Christmas morning ripping open presents filled with toys. Palermo delights your senses with cacao and spicy peppery notes. Yum! On the other hand Milano offers you a delightful equilibrium between fine fruity aromas and a sweet cereal note. Both sound delicious, don’t you think? I’m also loving the cute packaging to boot. I always have and always will be a sucker for pretty packaging. R79 per sleeve.