So, as I’m sure you’re well aware I haven’t done one of these in a while and after spotting so many things in store and online this week I thought it was the perfect time to share a new “Look What I Spotted” list. Don’t you just love new things. I don’t care if I can’t always afford to buy everything. I personally like having them available to me for future purchases. Have you tried any of these yet?
1. Essie Autumn Collection 2015 – I was lucky enough to receive the whole collection and even gave away 3 of them to you guys this week. If you missed that giveaway then I’m sorry. It really was a fabulous prize! I’ll try putting up a swatches post for the shades I still have. The Dress to Kilt collection showcases 6 perfect-for-fall colours – Style Cartel (dark cobalt blue), The Perfect Cover Up (powerful peacock teal) , Fall In Line (enigmatic jade green), Take It Outside (punchy, fresh taupe), Partner In Crime (rich dark chocolate) and Dress To Kilt (creme cherry red). R115 at Dis-Chem, Clicks & Foschini
2. Nespresso Monsoon Malabar – If you have a Nespresso machine (lucky you) then this might interest you. Their new limited edition flavour is out and can be described as “A legendary Indian coffee that makes you travel back in time”. R79 per sleeve of 10 pods. The flavour profile is bold & woody. Intensity is 8 with woody and spicy aromas, tinged with subtle salty notes. I’m definitely going to be giving this one a try. I love a strong, bold coffee. Yummy! What’s your favourite Nespresso pod?
3. The Body Shop Nutriganics Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask – Oh my, the name of this mask sounds so enticing. Put your hand up if the words “drops of youth” doesn’t excite you. As I thought your hands are all the way down. I’ve never tried an overnight mask but I certainly like the sound of it. Have you tried this yet? I know it’s definitely going into my shopping cart next time. R199 at The Body Shop.
4. Maybelline Dr. Rescue Baby Lips – If you’re a fan of the original Baby Lips then I don’t see any reason for you not to love this new addition as well. They’re not as pigmented but they definitely offer more than enough hydration for dry lips due to the eucalyptus they contain. The name says it all. Also, who can resist that cute packaging? Not me, that’s for sure. R34.95 at Clicks and Dis-Chem
5. Real Techniques Brushes – Oh my freaking word. Yes, these cult brushes are finally available in South Africa. Can I get an “Oh Yeah”? Where? Foschini. Price? Not too bad. I got the Expert Face Brush for R160. I’m sure lots of you already have the whole core collection, but in case you don’t (like this bad beauty blogger) then immediately contact Foschini and find your nearest branch with stock.
6. Wet n Wild Smoke and Melrose Eye Shadow Palette – I haven’t actually spotted this myself but the ladies over at All Dolled Up did and they instagramed a pic of this gorgeous Autumnal palette. Aren’t the colours perfect? Don’t they scream fall? Just imagine all the beautiful smokey looks you could create. If you’re not familiar with this budget brand or you’re interested in finding out a bit more about the quality of their eyeshadows then take a look at this post. The Wet n Wild eyeshadow palettes are the bomb dot com. Yes, I just said. No, not even embarrassed. That’s how good their shadows are. R85 at selected Clicks.
7. The Body Shop Matte Kajal Eyeliner in Black & White – Aah, new makeup makes this beauty blogger so happy. I spotted these over on the TBS instagram and now it’s already been added to my “must-try” list. The Body shop says “smart, easy-grip packaging ensures a mistake-free application every time”. I like the sound of that. Easy to smudge, smooth to apply and great for a dramatic look. Yes, yes and yes. I’m sold. I’ll see you soon little Kajal. R120 at The Body Shop
8. Beanies Instant Flavoured Coffee – These little bottles of flavoured goodness have arrived in South Africa at Checkers. The official date was Monday 27 April. But alas I haven’t been able to get my hands on a bottle yet even after stalking and hounding the Checkers Twitter page. I mean seriously guys. If you’re not too much of an instant coffee snob (I can sometimes be) then flavours like Amaretto Almond, Cinnamon & Hazelnut, Double Chocolate, Irish Cream, Gingerbread and Very Vanilla can only help bring you into the dark side. By dark I mean instant coffee. Obviously! I might add that they are Sugar-free and only 2 calories per cup. R 39,99 at selected Checkers
9. Catrice Absolute Rose Eyeshadow Palette – This beauty is described as soft nudes and trendy rosé shades. I’m on a serious rose-coloured kick at the moment so this has been on my radar for a while now. Pretty shimmery pink shades. What girl doesn’t love that? R89,95 at Dis-Chem