I apologise in advance if today’s post causes you to jump into your car and speed off to the closest mall, but it would’ve been rude for me not share all the lovely things I’ve been eyeballing this past month. I don’t know about you but I often go shopping in my head and create virtual wishlists. Do any of these tidbits catch your fancy?
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – I think we can all agree on one thing. Our day probably involved a little happy dance when the news broke that benefit was coming back to S.A. I’ll be attending their launch next week and let me tell you something – I am freaking excited! I’ve used many of their products before and I’ll definitely put up a “must try” list soon but in the meantime I’ll be lusting after their cult mascara. It promises to lengthen, curl, volumize, lift & separate. Yes please, Mister Benefit. Also, I’ll update you very soon with prices, because let’s be honest that’s what we all want to know.
- Lush BIG Shampoo – I want it and I’ll do anything to get it. What’s that? Big hair, of course! Lush describes this as a sea salt shampoo for shine, softness and big endowments. Oooh la la. My flat, limp hair is crying out for this one – “Pleeeeeasssse Chicara, I’m flat, dull and boring!”. R195.00 / 330g at Lush
- The Body Shop Vitamin E Eyes Cube – Revives and refreshes. Those are two magical words I love the sound of when it comes to skincare. It’s supposed to have a cooling effect and what more could tired eyes need? My eyes have actually been so ‘drained’ from the computer that my left one keeps twitching. It’s having its own party and I wasn’t invited. R120 at The Body Shop
- Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer – It’s about time this blurring tube arrived in this part of the world. I’ve had my eye on this product for so very long and to finally see it on our shelves makes me all sorts of happy. If you’ve seen me rave about Benefit POREfessional but you don’t have the budget for that then this might be exactly what you’re looking for. Let me know if you want to see a comparison post? R89.95 at Clicks, Dis-Chem & Foschini stores.
- Clinique Pop Lip Colour and Primer – A lipstick that is described as having a “Luxurious yet weightless formula” is definitely on my beauty radar. The colour selection looks absolutely gorgeous and they’re moisturising to boot. I’m loving the look of “Wow Pop”. I think the name says it all. R 275 from Clinique Counters
- Real Tecniques Shading Brush – I’m already smitten with my RT expert face brush so I thought it was only fitting that my collection started to grow. I’m seriously longing for this purple pretty. It’s supposed to do a great job of blending eyeshadows and even concealer. I like, I like. Also, all of their synthetic bristles are hand cut and are 100% cruelty-free. R99.95 at selected Foschini Stores
- M∙A∙C Pro Longwear Nourishing Foundation (NW20) – When it comes to MAC foundations I’m there like a bear. I’ve never purchased a MAC foundation I didn’t love. If you need flawless coverage then look no further than MAC. This new offering has a waterproof formula that can be worn as a concealer or a foundation. Ooh, multitasking. Nice! Apparently neither rain nor tears can budge this watertight product. It blends seamlessly and offers you a natural satin finish. Take my money MAC, just go on and take it. R380 at MAC