Let’s go on an adventure. Travel the world in 8 days without actually leaving the comfort of your couch. Close your eyes and taste the flavours of Turkey on your lips, blink and find yourself strolling through the charming streets of Paris before you stop over in Italy and feel the wind blowing through your hair, blink again and you’ve suddenly made the voyage to India, where you’re caressing the elaborate print fabrics for as far as the eye can see. You can experience all the wonders of the world via your keyboard, your credit card and the ease of Aramex Global Shopper.
Aramex Global Shopper is an international shipping service that allows you to shop from the US, the UK, China, Turkey, the UAE, India, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea and Japan and have all your purchases delivered to you in South Africa, straight to your door at very reasonable shipping rates. This service opens us up to a whole new world of online purchasing. Gone are the days of having all your international shopping dreams thwarted by brands and websites that don’t deliver to South Africa.
With Aramex Global Shopper you can purchase items from international websites (from the 17 countries listed above), input the personalised address for that country (AGS gives you a list at registration) and have your parcel delivered to their hub and then after 3 to 6 days (pending customs clearance), your parcel will be delivered straight to your door over here in South Africa.
All you have to do is sign up for an account with Aramex Global Shopper, pay the once off lifetime membership fee and get ready to go shopping all over the world, while you sit on your phone sipping a glass of wine. The usual membership fee is $45, but as a Lipgloss Kisses reader, I can offer you a discounted fee of only $10. This is a once off fee. At checkout input the following code for your discount – AGS10LK.
- The Aramex Global Shopper service is available to anyone who lives in South Africa, Botswana or Kenya.
- If at any time during the first year of having an active Aramex Global Shopper account, you believe that their service did not meet your expectations, you can ask for a refund – no questions asked!
- Once you’ve registered an account, Aramex Global Shopper will supply you with 17 personalised addresses which you’ll use for all your requisite international orders.
- Parcels are delivered to your door with Aramex. The best part? Parcels do not go through the post office.
- Aramex Global Shopper clears customs for you and allows those fees, along with shipping fees to be payable online.
- You’re able to track your parcel on their website or app.
- Aramex Global Shopper offers you free insurance for shipments under $100. Shipments above $100 and up to $2500 are protected against loss or damage at an additional fee.
- Shipping charges are based on actual weight and not volumetric weight.
Now that you have a better understanding of how this international shipping service works I can share with you a few of the wonderful things you can get your hands on if you have cash to burn and an Aramex Global Shopper account, of course. Just think about all the divine Bath & Body Works candles and shower goodies that could be yours. Philosophy, Tarte makeup, Too Faced or ColourPop is all within your grasp. It’s the perfect time to take advantage of all the incredible online sales this Black Friday (25th November) and Cyber Monday (28 November).
Depending on your online store of choice, at checkout, you’ll input the Aramex Global Shopper forwarding address (that AGS supplied you with) in the country you are shopping online from. So, if you’re shopping on an American-based website you’ll input the physical New York address which Aramex Global Shopper allocated to your account. Once your order is placed AGS will notify you (via email) when your parcel arrives at their facility. You’ll then receive another notification when the package is ready to be shipped to your door in South Africa. At this point you’ll be directed to the payment area, ‘Pay Now’ and ‘Auto Pay’, where you can pay for your shipping and any necessary custom charges that should occur. Once the shipment reaches the origin hub, eg New York, it will be delivered to your door in South Africa within 3-6 business days – depending on customs clearance etc. If you want to speed up your clearance/delivery then it’s important that you upload your shipment invoice (from the retailer that you purchased from) to your AGS profile.
There are loads of international online shops available to fulfill all your shopping needs. My only advice to you is to look for those that offer free delivery within their country. That means you won’t need to pay extra for delivery and then again for AGS shipping. Shipping fees are calculated on the total weight of the shipments. Fees are determined by both; destination and the origin zone the shipment comes from. take a look at the AGS shipping rates for South Africa:
Zone 1 – US, UK, China, Hong Kong, Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Singapore, Canada, Malaysia, Thailand, South Korea and Japan.
- Shipping Rate for first half kg – R175 (changing to R195 on 01 December)
- Shipping Rate per additional half kg – R99
Zone 2 – Turkey, UAE and India.
- Shipping Rate for first half kg – R131,31 (changing to R155 on 01 December)
- Shipping Rate per additional half kg – R74,30
Also, keep custom charges in mind (see a full list here) and don’t forget there are certain items which might be restricted and you won’t be able to ship them – take a look at this comprehensive list before placing your orders.
*full disclosure – this is a paid for campaign, however everything mentioned in this post is my own opinion and I firmly stand behind everything I’ve said.