1. LUSH Yummy Mummy Shower Cream – If we can look past the slightly alienating name then we should definitely look at some of the ingredients housed inside this magical-looking purple bottle – refreshing Brazilian orange oil, sweetly scented tonka absolute, geranium oil and fair trade organic cocoa butter. A mélange of delicious scents that will surely delight your senses during shower time. In case it isn’t glaringly obvious, I need to get my hands on a bottle or two, or just one really big bottle. R95 (100g) at LUSH.
2. Catrice Treasure Trove Eye Shadow Palette – This palette showcases a selection of matte and shimmery shades. According to Catrice the shadows are silky, smooth and highly pigmented and after taking a peek at the palette I have my eye on all those nude colours, which work perfectly to blend out your transition shades. R140,95 at Dis-Chem.
3. Kiehl’s Nightly Refining Micro-Peel Concentrate – There are two things I need in my life right now – A money tree and this bottle of nightly leave-on serum from Kiehl’s. I’m sure both of them will considerably change my life. The great thing about this micro-peel concentrate is that it helps to refine the feel of rough texture and reveal newly radiant, refreshed skin. My skin is screaming for this. R750 at Kiehl’s
4. NYX Illuminator – There’s no better way to brighten up dull skin than with a highlighter. There’s a reason ‘strobing’ had its 15 minutes of fame. We all covet healthy looking skin – that glow that appears to radiate from within. I’ve even seen a few overseas beauty bloggers regard this highlighter as the best drugstore option out there. In that case, it’s my duty as a fellow beauty blogger to verify or refute that claim. R154,95 at selected Clicks stores.
5. The Body Shop Shade Adjusting Drops – Have you ever bought a foundation, guessed your shade due to a lack of testers, arrived home and discovered that said shade was either too dark or too light for you? Well, instead of cursing the store you can turn to this revolutionary product from The Body Shop. I have a feeling it will rock your beauty world. A few drops, a bit of mixing and you’re awarded the right shade to suit your skin tone. The same goes for a foundation that goes on a little bit orange or pink. Just use the lightening drops and
6. Dermalogica Charcoal Rescue Masque – Dermalogica’s new masque has come to the rescue. The activated Binchotan Charcoal powerfully absorbs impurities. An all-in-one mask that detoxifies, brightens and invigorates your skin. I’m very fond of the brand and with all of those beneficial ingredients formulated into this masque, it’s a hard one to pass up. R790 from Dermalogica
7. Elizabeth Arden Grand Entrance Mascara – I’m an instant fan of any mascara that Elizabeth Arden releases. I’ve never been disappointed. The Grand Entrance mascara promises to increase volume, length and curl by up to 80% with their innovative precision brush. The vitamin-rich formula locks onto lashes like a magnet for amplified volume and lift. I like the sound of that! R275 at Elizabeth Arden counters.
8. Starbucks South Africa – Finally Joburgers have the opportunity to order caramel macchiatos, chai lattes, and strawberries & crème frappuccinos and subsequently have their names incorrectly scrawled across those idolised cups with the recognisable green emblem. I’m not quite ready to brave that absurd queue just yet, but when I do you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be one of those “basic” girls who Instagrams their coffee cup.