1. Seven seasons of Gilmore Girls and I finished watching all of them earlier this week. I’m not going to lie. It was a sad day when I watched the series finale. Over the past month or two of binge-watching I grew very attached to Lorelai and Rory. I felt invested in their lives and shared many a WhatsApp with friends who were also watching. I enjoyed each and every episode with my morning coffee and I’m really going to miss that. There are so many reasons to watch this show if you never have before. Their fast-talking, coffee-drinking ways reminded me of myself and the small town they live in warms your heart. It’s one of those shows that you just have to watch. What shows have made you feel the same way?
2. I first spotted these earrings over on my friend Irina’s blog (see this post, 3rd last pic). She looked gorgeous wearing them and I knew I wanted them. I finally manged to track them down on a Lovisa sale earlier this year. I’m not usually an orange person but I love the contrast of these against dark hair and the bit of colour it adds to an outfit. I’ve also come to realise that I’m not a big earrings type person either. But I think we can all agree that Lovisa sales ares the best!
3. The MAC Prep + Prime Essential oil is all sorts of awesome. I like to mix a little into my foundation to give my makeup a fresher, healthy glow. It’s rich in nourishing ingredients and gives an instant moisture boost to your skin. I can already tell this is going to be a skin-saver during the Winter months. You only need one to two drops to cover your face and it can be used in several different ways.
4. Hmmmm… coffee! coffee! coffee! (sorry, Gilmore Girls quote). If there’s one thing I can’t get enough of that’s coffee. I used to drink 6 cups a day but finally managed to whittle it down to only 1 or 2 a day. Apparently a cup a day can actually do your body good. *coughs*. Any excuse to drink coffee, hey? I recently tried some coffee at my parents house, enjoyed it so much that I immediately went out and bought my own bag. I’ve been loving this Mocha Java filter blend from Woolworths. Well, that’s until I was told a day ago that I’m not allowed to drink coffee anymore. But you might as well tell me not to breathe so we’ll see. But if you’re allowed to drink coffee (lucky you!) then give this one a go. R46.95 from Woolworths.
5. When we think of EOS (evolution of smooth) we usually think of those small, dome lip balms that have a cult following. Don’t we? I was recently sent this EOS hand cream from Senses Beauty Salon (along with this BrushEgg) and I wasn’t sure what to expect. I first thought the consistency would be similar to their lip balms. Silly, I know. They’re exactly like any other hand cream (duh!) except for the unusual, easy-to-pop-into-handbag packaging. The scent ‘Fresh Flowers’ is light and lovely and the cream itself feels nourishing and absorbs easily. It’s packed with shea butter, aloe, oats and antioxidants, has a 96% natural formula and doesn’t feel sticky or greasy on your hands. Get your hands on these for R120 at Senses Beauty Salon.