1. The Maybelline Babylips have been in the country for a while now, but I only recently got to try the hydrate (blue tube) version after it was included in a press pack I received a few weeks ago. This one offers no colour for your lips but claims to give 8-hour hydration. I’m not so sure if they offer that much hydration but it smells damn good, the packaging is ridiculously bright and cutesy and they make my lips feel soft when I put it on before bedtime. However, my heart still belongs to Cherry Me (orange tube), which gives my lips the prettiest and natural red/pink colour. (R30 at Clicks)
2. I had a pair of leather boots that were probably close to 10 years old. There was nothing very stylish or trendy about them but they were as comfy as um, well, an old shoe. But I passed those onto my domestic worker after my mom scoffed at my boots and told me they were disgusting. They weren’t that baaaaad, were they? *crickets*. Anyway, moving swiftly along. I got these cute wedges from Mr Price to fill the void the previous pair left. Oops, correction, my mom got them for me since she couldn’t stand to see me wearing the other pair for another minute. The best bit is that these are just as comfy as my old, well-loved pair. They also come in navy, which are awesome, by the way! (R199.99 at Mr Price)
3. I think a lot of people tend to overlook Ralo. I certainly was one of those people before I got to try this nifty little eyeliner pen from them. I found this peeking out my Bloggers Who Bless goodie bag a few months back and I’ve been using it almost every day since. It has an ultra thin felt tip, it is uber black and glides on smoothly and with ease. It gives you a solid black line that makes winged eyeliner the easiest thing in the world. I will definitely be going to go buy myself another one when this one eventually dries up. I think the lesson to be had is to not overlook a brand or shop just cause you think they might be ‘cheap’. (R59.50 at Ralo)
4. This was another little welcome item that I found in my Bloggers Who Bless goodie bag. I’m usually more of a coffee person. Okay, who am I kidding. I have coffee running through my veins instead of blood. But during Winter I like to mix things up a bit and I enjoy a cup of tea before bedtime. This blend is slightly exotic, but it has the yummiest flavour. Are you more of a coffee or tea person?
5. At first I thought this was going to just be another cop show. Boooorrrring! But this is actually one of those shows with a lead character who is slightly twisted themselves. The cases the detective (Chloë Sevigny) works on are very different and interesting. She works with a forensic psychologist to catch serial killers, but this dude is probably more messed up then most of the killers. Such a good show. Have you watched it?