1. This was one of the (many) items that I received in my Spree Beauty Box last week. It really was such a spoil. I think they need to send me one of these once a month. He, he. Juuust joking. 😉 I loved all my goodies, but I’ve had a particular fondness for this Revlon mascara. I tried it ages ago when it arrived in a glambox and I already fell in love back then. This rubber brush has a ton of tiny bristles that separate your lashes beautifully. The brush is also fine enough to comb through your lashes while coating them with the perfect amount of product. This gives volume and lengthens your lashes and with it’s drier consistency it doesn’t clump at all. (R160 on Spree)
2. I never really considered myself to be a chocolate person. I’ve always said that I would choose any other dessert over chocolate. I think this is still true, but as I’m getting older (31 this year *yikes*) I find myself enjoying chocolate a lot more. I recently tried the new Hello range from Lindt and I’m hooked on the Strawberry Cheesecake flavour. It’s the perfect amount of sweetness, with a hint of sour and crunchiness. It tastes just like a strawberry cheesecake. I’m also kind of crazy about the adorable little words/icons on each square. Some say “Hello, nice to sweet you” and some have hearts or this adorable lip print on. Have you tried these yet? What’s your fave flavour? (R29.95 from Woolworths)
3. Last year I attended a blogger meetup and walked away with a goodie bag that could have come straight off the set of the Oprah show. It was jam packed with incredible products, treats and bits and pieces. I stumbled across this little polish last week when I was clearing out some of my old beauty products and my first reaction was “Huh, why haven’t I worn this yet?”. It’s the perfect cool-toned pastel purple colour that in my opinion is just cool enough to wear as a Winter mani. It applies beautifully and dries quickly. I can’t even tell you how many compliments I’ve received while wearing this colour, which actually lasted really long (with top coat). I’m most definitely going to go pick up some more colours, especially since they’re only R23.60. (Buy online at Ralo)
4. Ooooh, please can we all take a second to just stop and stare at this pretty blush. My pic doesn’t really do it justice (damn camera), but it has the prettiest ombre effect. (this blog has great pics of it) It goes from bright orange to bright pink. I like to swirl the colours together to create the perfect shade, but you can swatch the individual colours if you prefer. It’s nicely pigmented and smooth. It also contains no shimmer which is a big bonus in my book. (R56 from Clicks or online at Spree)
5. This was given to me as a gift from the lovely Charlene (Gee Whiskers). I helped her out with finding some candles she needed and she sent me the cutest thank-you gifts. I mean who does that? Isn’t that the sweetest thing? I was so excited when I opened up my parcel to discover an array of skull goodies (of course) and this BB cream. Oh, I love BB creams. This one has a gorgeous consistency and really leaves your skin looking radiant. Thanks Charlene! You’re the sweetest.