1. Yes, nothing has changed. I’m still obsessed with skulls! I recently attended a Christmas in July themed blogger party and we all had to buy a Secret Santa gift for another blogger. I was spoiled rotten by Ali (Seams & Silhouettes). One of my favourite items in my parcel of goodies was this bright sugar skull ring. I think it’s perfect for Spring/Summer. Don’t you agree? I have no clue where she bought this little gem, but if you want to know then I guess you can contact Ali directly. I’ve really gotten into rings lately so this was the perfect gift.
2. A week or two ago I was invited to the launch for the Rosebank Dermalogica Concept store. This place is a little haven of skincare products. The ‘spa’ room is probably my favourite spot. It’s a sanctuary of soft lightning, fluffy blankets and serene music. The perfect place to get a facial treatment. The idea behind these concept stores is to give everybody access to Dermalogica products. They offer complimentary Face Mapping® skin analysis to help you find the right products for your skin. You can even head over to the ‘product pool’ where you can dive right into testing different products. They also offer very conveinient 20 minute microZone® treatments for only R280. I walked away with a few product samples that were recommended to me after my face mapping session. My favourite so far has been the Ultrasmoothing eye serum. This has really helped with the dehydration lines around my eyes. It contains collagen producing peptides and the blend of algae, golden chamomile and oat kernel extract has such a lovely scent. This is definitely one of those wish list items, well unless you have the urge to splurge. (R760 from Dermalogica)
3. Last year I tried the Rubybox smooch stick and I was very impressed by the consistency and pigmentation so when I recently had the opportunity to try out a few more of their products I was quite excited. I’ve been using and enjoying their volumising mascara for a while now and I love how intensely black it is. It does a nifty job of separating and giving a more lengthened look. I also haven’t experienced any clumping which is always a bonus. (R139.95 on rubybox.co.za)
4. I don’t normally like to showcase products that aren’t available in South Africa. However, I’m such a huge fan of Bath & Body Works I just couldn’t not share this with you guys in the hopes that they might eventually arrive in S.A. When my blogging friend Irina (I’ll Take It All) recently visited her folks in Russia I pretty much hounded her for a B&BW candle. I sent her pics of the ones I liked and even a numbered list of which ones I wanted with a rating of 1-5. I was super spoiled when she arrived back with #1 on my list. This candle smells exactly like what it is. It’s a lot more natural than Yankee candles in my opinion. I sometimes feel like YC are a bit too sweet and bit too overpowering and can really set off my sinuses. I burnt this cinnamon doughnut one from B&BW on a Wednesday afternoon and on Thursday afternoon when I got home my boyfriend kept asking me if I had baked something. It’s absolutely delicious and if there’s a petition to sign to get them to S.A then we need to do it! 😉
5. A few 5 Friday Favourites ago I told you guys that I was reading a book called “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn. It’s a good book and I hope some of you have also started reading it. Anyway, since then I’ve read another one of Gillian’s books, Sharp Objects, which I seriously enjoyed and now I’m about half way through her third book, Dark Places. This one might be my favourite so far. A super easy and enticing read. It’s had me staying up late reading for a night or two. Have you read any of her other books? I must say that I’m really liking her as a writer.