1. I absolutely love these new facial wipes from Johnson’s. If you guys read this post over here then you know that I have a facial wipe checklist and I’ve been struggling to find the perfect pack. But the wait might be over. I have nothing negative to say about these super hydrating and gently wipes. Okay, if I had to nit-pick I might say the scent isn’t great but I can live with it considering that they remove makeup like a pro, they feel incredibly hydrating and soft and did I add that they remove makeup like nobody’s business? I used one wipe, yes one wipe to remove all this Halloween makeup. I will undoubtedly repurchase these. (R47.99)
2. Revlon recently sent me a huge, very personalized box of foundations to try out. When I was a teenager and in my early 20’s I only wore one foundation. I was fiercely loyal and never strayed. That foundation was Revlon’s original Colourstay. After trying it out again this past week I think the formula has changed and seemingly so has my skin tone. I’ve only tried a few of the Colorstay foundations and so far I’m loving their whipped offering. Coverage is medium and very buildable. The texture is a silky mousse that’s more on the liquid side. It applies smoothly and looks beautifully natural on my skin. I’m still test driving all the other Revlon Colorstay foundations so keep an eye out for a more comprehensive post. (R239)
3. If you watched my Birthday Haul video then you’re well aware of the fact that I’m loving EOS lip balms at the moment. In case you didn’t know these are finaaaally available in S.A. Hashtagawesome is a new online store and they’re stocking the EOS products. Yippee! They were even kind enough to send me the “Vanilla Mint” lip balm for my Birthday and it’s divine. These feel smooth and soft on my lips and they offer more than enough lip hydration. Go take a look at their, um.. awesome website. I’m sure you’ll find something that catches your fancy. (R99 – R119)
4. Let me start off by saying how ridiculously cute is this lip & cheek stain from The Body Shop? You guys know I’m a sucker for anything this adorable. At first glance I had no idea what this was besides a cute little doll. Let me just tell you that this, my friends is my new favourite red lippy. It ‘stains’ your lips leaving you with the perfect “been eating strawberries all day” look. This particular shade of red is very flattering and application is quick, easy and the colour is surprisingly opaque. The stain stays put and dries pretty fast, so just be sure you apply it quickly. I haven’t used this on my cheeks just yet, but as a lip stain it gets an A+ for cuteness, usability and for just being freaking awesome. This will be the perfect stocking stuffer this year, don’t you agree? (R130)
5. Halloween is probably my third favourite time of the year, after my Birthday and Christmas of course. I really wish South Africa would celebrate Halloween a bit more. I don’t know hey, I enjoy dress up and silly, childish things so of course I tried my hand at pumpkin carving this year. This is not as easy as it looks guys. I searched through Pinterest (after I made this) and I was in awe at some of the incredible Jack-O’-Lanterns out there. I think next time I will put a bit more detail into my ‘design’, but I’m quite happy with my first attempt.