1. If there’s one thing every woman loves it’s probably perfume and a touch of luxury. Both of these things are combined in this gorgeous fragrance offering from Versace. If the opulent gold bottle doesn’t scream luxury then the alluring scent will do the trick. Versace describes this scent – “Attraction, desire, and passion intertwine in an alchemical mix of tempting, bright, and feminine notes”. I couldn’t have said it better myself. An intoxicating, but feminine scent that lingers for most of the day. If you want to feel feminine and sultry then this is the perfume for you. I’m absolutely crazy about the Sicilian lemon and pomegranate notes that give this lavish perfume its fresh scent. R810 for 30ml at Red Square or Woolworths.
2. Mascara addicts everywhere will rejoice at the prospect of discovering (and trying) a new mascara and especially one that promises super-curling & lifting. What’s the difference between ‘super’ curling and just regular old curling you ask? It’s apparently all in the brush. The Benefit Hook ‘n’ Roll™ brush grabs, separates, lifts and curls to help you achieve that wide-eye, full lash effect. If you read my makeup bag post from a few months back (click here) then you’re aware of the fact that Benefit’s famous They’re Real! mascara left me wanting more. But after trying Benefit’s Roller Lash mascara I think I’ve found what I was looking for. It separates like nothing else has before (for me) but also does the much-needed job of curling and adding thickness to my lashes. This is a winner and if I had to choose between the two mascaras I would always choose Roller Lash. Oh yes, and a quick tip from the Benefit website – layer your lashes with both of these mascaras and the results will apparently be extreme. Oooh la la. R295 on Red Square.
3. If you follow me on Instagram then you might have already seen me post a pic of these adorable pumps from Mr Price. I’ve been somewhat besotted with the lace-up pumps trend, so naturally when I spotted this black pair at Mr Price I ran straight to the till to buy them. I originally wanted to purchase the pair I found at Cotton On, but those were about double the price of these. If you’ve been looking for a black or nude pair of lace up pumps then head on over to good ol’ Mr P. They actually have a ton of lace up/strappy shoes at the moment and you’ll be spoiled for choice. This exact pair doesn’t appear to be on their website anymore, but check out this similar pair for R129,99.
4. A week or two ago I headed on over to the IMAN store in Pretoria to fetch a big bag of products to test out. A tough life us beauty bloggers have, hey? First off, let me start off by saying I was completely ignorant/uninformed when it came to this makeup brand. I was unaware that they sold products for a wide range of skin tones. I’m surely not the only one that thought that? I’ve been using and enjoying these chubby eye shadow pencils. However, I haven’t been using them as eye shadows though because I’m not yet sold on their blending capabilities. I’ve actually just been using them as eyeliners for my waterline. They apply smoothly and last for a decent amount of time. I’ll keep you guys updated on a few of the other products I’ve been trying out. R378 each. You can purchase IMAN products from Stuttafords (Pavilion, Gateway, Cavendish, Canal Walk, Sandton, Eastgate, Clearwater & Menlyn). You can also take a look at www.imancosmetics.com for product info and to request a price list email email@example.com
5. This week Christmas came early for me when I was gifted with some pretty jewellery from SJ. They sent over these dainty earrings and tennis bracelet for me to wear and enjoy and that’s exactly what I’ve doing – wearing these flower earrings ( my favourites) everyday since they arrived. If you hop on over to their website you’ll see they have an array of very affordable, but beautiful jewellery to suit every taste and budget. If you have a slightly more refined eye then you can shop their sterling silver collection. If you’re looking for Christmas gifts then I have a feeling you’ll have a field day on the Silver Jewellery online website. The Rhodium Infinity Bracelet with adjustable loop goes for R269 and the Sparkling Small Flower Studs go for R319. Happy Christmas shopping!