1. Who doesn’t love a good cleanser? I certainly do. I was recently sent this advanced cleanser from Dermaceutic (R380) and I’m just going to admit it now guys – I’m a sucker for a ‘gimmick” or a product that looks cool or behaves in a very cool way. I’m slightly obsessed with this cleanser’s liquid to mousse consistency as well as its makeup-removing powers. This one leaves your face feeling soft, clean and refreshed. The formula contains a unique hydrating complex which is supposed to keep skin soft and supple for a more comfortable feeling after cleansing. A few key ingredients include Xylitol (for perfectly hydrated and smoothed skin), Zinc (improves the appearance of oily skin), Urea (optimal moisturizing agent) and Glycerin (removes scales from the skin’s surface). You can get your hands on Dermaceutic products products from Dermaceutic clinics as well as the following stockists.
2. Nothing makes you feel more put together and feminine than a gorgeous perfume. Don’t you agree? The divine Giorgio Armani Sì Huile De Parfum (R1,395) is the first oil-based perfume with a pipette. I’m sure you’ve already caught a whiff of this heady scent? No? Do yourself a favour and go spritz it a few times. I would describe it as a sexy, but classy scent that oozes sophistication. It’s definitely my favourite evening scent at the moment. So you’re probably thinking “What’s a perfume oil?”. This one is a highly concentrated version of the original Sì fragrance, which contains top notes of citrus bergamia, mandarine and blackcurrant buds absolute. Heart notes of freesia, jasmine, orange blossom water and rose. Then to round it off the base notes are a deep mix of vanilla, patchouli, woody elements, ambroxan. You use the pipette to apply the fragrance oil to your pulse points. Your skin will warm up the oil and a heavenly trail of fragrance will follow you throughout the day. I’ve been applying a drop on each wrist and one on my neck/collarbone where I can really enjoy the scent as it lingers on my skin.
3. I honestly can’t tell you enough how much I’ve fallen in love with this shade from the Essie Summer collection. Essie describes it as a “Sugar Sweet Atlantic Blue”. I describe it as perfection in a bottle. It suits my pale, cool-toned skinned like no other colour. I’m also totally feeling this shade as a wedding, “something blue” polish. How gorgeous! I can’t stop staring at my nails. I’m smitten. As always I’m loving the (new?) thicker brushes from Essie. It makes application a one-swipe wonder and as usual the formula is divine. This Summer collection is a definite winner! I’ll be featuring a few of my faves on the blog soon. I’ve already sported three of these delightful shades on my nails in the past two weeks. R125 at Dis-Chem, Foschini and Clicks.
4. When it comes to great budget hair care I think we can all agree that Dove is one of our favourites. I’ve never been disappointed in a hair care product from Dove and after trying out the new, beautifully packaged Oxygen Moisture duo I’m still not disappointed. This range is for fine, flat hair and those words are exactly what someone would use to describe my sad, sad hair. I’ve been loving the absolutely fresh (almost cucumber-y) scent and clean, weightless feeling it gives my hair. My tresses feel fuller without feeling heavy or weighed downed. I’ve basically shunned the rest of my shampoos and conditioners in the shower and put this duo on a pedestal.
5. When new shows start in America I’m always right there ready to watch them. Scream Queens had a long-awaited premiere last month and I was sitting there waiting excitedly for the first episode. I wasn’t disappointed. Ryan Murphy, the shows creator has managed to capture the silliness of his other teen hit, Glee and at the same time he was also able to throw in a bit of suspense and fear. The wardrobe is fabulous, the sorority house is incredible and the cast members are ridiculous. Emma Roberts’s sorority mean girl character makes the show. Her ‘burns’/quotes are what make this show worth watching. She’s definitely the Regina George of 2015. “You’re so confident without being mean. What antidepressants are you on?” – Chanel Oberlin