1. In case you didn’t hear or see the news on my Twitter/Facebook then guess what? The Garnier micellar cleansing waters have arrived in South Africa. That means we finally have a budget micellar water that can rival the fabulous but oh-so-expensive Bioderma one. So naturally I rushed off to my closest Clicks as soon as I heard the news and grabbed a bottle. There are two variants in case you’re wondering. The one I picked up is for sensitive skin and can be used all over your face, including around your eyes to remove mascara and eye shadow. I’m definitely going to do a full review on this one but for now I’m going to give it two thumbs up and suggest that you make your way to a larger branch of Clicks and grab a bottle for yourself. R80 at Clicks.
2. Yes, yes I’m well aware that this product came out over a year ago. There are two reasons why I wasn’t one of those beauty bloggers that ran out and bought a bottle the second it hit the shelves. 1. I hate applying cream to my body and 2. I’m lazy. These two things definitely don’t paint me in the best light but let me explain. I obviously love lotions and creams and I enjoy having soft, smooth skin but when it comes to applying lotion to my entire body I’m lazy. The thing that eventually swayed me into pushing a bottle into my trolley was not only the thought of shedding my crocodile (winter) skin, but also the realisation that I spend a good 5-10 minutes in the shower applying countless different face, hair and body products so why not just add one more to the mix. I’m not sorry that I made that decision.
My skin feels divinely soft and silky after use and this in-shower moisturiser has the loveliest, creamiest and most comforting scent. I also need to add (I wont forgive myself if I don’t) that after you’ve rinsed your body off please, please also rinse the shower floor. This leaves a dangerously slippery layer of cream on the bottom of the shower and if you don’t rinse it off you might end up starring in the opening scene on the next episode of CSI and both you and I wouldn’t want that to happen. R42.99 at Woolworths, Clicks,Dis-Chem.
3. When I think of a dream I usually think of imagery, emotions, sensations and ideas that bring about happy thoughts. I say happy thoughts because otherwise it would be a nightmare (or the Pretty Little Liars A reveal). Imagine dreaming of blue skies and fields of white daisies stretched out before you as you run with the wind in your hair. The Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream bottle definitely evokes these happy, dreamy thoughts. The hint of blue, the daisy details and the gold hues make this a display worthy bottle. However, the scent that’s housed inside this dreamy bottle is even better than its pretty packaging suggests. You can expect top notes of blackberry, grapefruit, and pear. The heart notes are introduced with a bouquet of jasmine, lychee, and blue wisteria, and a medley of white woods, musks, and coconut water reveal the base notes. It’s light, summer and fresh and also happens to be my new favourite perfume. I only got it yesterday and it’s already knocked some of my favourites off the top. R1,065 for 50ml at Red Square
4. I think we can all agree after looking at the photo above that I’m no fashion blogger. I should stick to what I know best – beauty! I don’t know all the poses, I feel awkward and I’m way to much of a control freak. But if we can look past my awkwardness then let’s all look at my pretty dress. I spotted it over on the Mr Price website over the weekend and the bold, floral print immediately caught my eye. It’s part of their new Project line. The fabric is light enough to be worn with stockings for this time of the year or during spring with flat ankle boots (or these cuties) and a cute hat. R139.99 at Mr Price.
5. We all know I’m a total TV series addict (the first step is acknowledging that you have a problem) and I’ve even considered filming a video of all my favourite shows. What do you think? Would you watch that? I just recently finished season 1 of Unreal and I thought it was worth mentioning on my 5 Favourites Friday because it’s nothing like the other shows I watch. Are you a fan of shows like The Bachelor? Unreal shows us the uncut, real life stuff that happens behind the scenes on dating shows like that. No, it isn’t “real” but I’m almost certain that most of the craziness does actually happen when the cameras switch off.
I’ve watched and even enjoyed The Bachelor before, but I’ve also always been a firm believer in the fact that you couldn’t possibly find true love on a contrived show like that. But not only that, how can you date (and kiss) a handsome suitor knowing full well that he’s whispering those same sweet nothings in the ear of four blondes and two other brunettes on the show. No thanks, I’ll pass. This show exposes all that in a very twisted way using the two main characters Quinn and Rachel – the wicked witches of the west and east. Watch the show. You might like it.