1. Show me a girl that doesn’t love pink makeup brushes and I will show you a liar. Hehe. I was lucky enough to receive this gorgeous 10-piece brush set at the 27Pinkx Johannesburg launch and I’ve been using these beauties ever since. I’m not going to go into too much detail as I do have a nice little review/post lined up with product info and more about the gorgeous sisters that brought a bit of luxury to S.A. So keep your pretty eyes peeled. (R420 on the 27Pinkx website)
2. I just started reading this book and however controversial it might be I’m really enjoying the easy-to-read, well-written style of writing. In case you’re not familiar with the title of the book, it’s based on the 2005 murder of Stellenbosch student Inge Lotz. This reads like a riveting thriller and is completely engrossing. It’s utterly un-put-down-able. Have you read it?
3. I was introduced to Dermaceutic for the first time this week and I discovered some very interesting facts about this French brand that appears expensive but doesn’t actually cost an arm and a leg. Yipee! They have some incredible products in their range and some peel treatments that showcase tremendous results. To be honest I was completely blown away. I’ve just started using the Turn Over night cream and I will report back soon with my findings.
4. One of my lovely (and very loyal) blog readers sent me a huge parcel this week full of makeup + skincare goodies. I was seriously spoiled guys. I sometimes feel like I don’t deserve all the amazing products, comments and feedback I get. But I certainly do love and appreciate it. I can’t believe that my readers are such genuinely nice people. It really makes me so happy to be in contact with you all, so if you ever feel the need or you spot something in a post or want to ask me a question then just pop me a mail. Anyhoo, can we all please take a second to appreciate the beauty of this blush. It’s been said that this is a pretty decent dupe of NARS’ Orgasm blush. Yay. It’s just so pretty. Thank you so much Claire. 🙂 P.S I’m pretty chuffed with my photo above. Ha.ha. 😉 (R59.95 at Foschini)
5. I know that false eyelashes aren’t for everyone and if you had asked me 6 months ago I definitely would have said that they weren’t for me. But in the last while I’ve really grown fond of falsies. They add so much to your makeup look and can completely glam up your night-time makeup. I have some va-va-voom lashes, but I’m currently on the lookout for some natural ones. Any recommendations?