1. If you asked me to show you the most beautiful thing I currently own I would pull out my Urban Decay NAKED Smoky palette. This stunner showcases a dozen sultry neutrals – nine never-before-seen shades and three exclusives from past palettes. Let’s be real – NAKED Smoky has it all. A plethora of mattes, satins and sparkle to suit every taste. A little something for everyone. If you’ve never tried Urban Decay eye shadows before then I can honestly say you’re missing out. The quality and texture surpass all other shadows I’ve ever used. Yes, It’s as simple as that. Urban Decay will be arriving on our doorsteps (if you’re in Gauteng) somewhere around mid-May. They’ll be opening up a stand-alone store in Sandton City. Thank goodness for credit cards and the Gautrain. Expect to pay around R850 for the NAKED palettes.
2. The three little words that any woman over the age of 30 is dying to hear (or read) – no, no, not I love you, but rather – ‘drops of youth’. After trying out this cream you’ll be the one saying I love you to this green tub. I started using The Body Shop youth cream last week and I had an immediate fondness for the consistency/texture, which can be best described as velvety soft and air-whipped. But not only does the cream feel fabulous on your skin it has also been infused with three stem cells from three resilient plants – Criste Marine, Sea Holly and Edelweiss. This youth cream sinks into your skin and leaves it feeling more supple, smoother, healthier and honestly, younger-looking. It also promises to deliver on helping your pores look tightened and smoothing fine lines. If they were able to bottle the fountain of youth I have a feeling they came pretty close with this range. R200 from The Body Shop.
3. In my (almost) 33 years of life, I haven’t come across many people who don’t like chocolate. Sure, it isn’t my ultimate sweet treat, but it’s still pretty damn tasty and when it comes to Lindt I’ll almost always ask for ‘seconds’. My latest guilty indulgence has to be the coconut truffles – smooth milk chocolate envelops a sinfully delicious coconut filling. These ‘burst’ with flavour as you bite into them. I’m completely obsessed. Thanks, Cassidy (The Glam Green Girl) for feeding my addiction. R59.95 at Clicks.
4. I’ve been struggling with a dull, uneven skin tone and that just doesn’t work for me. Blah! However, I recently started using this exfoliating cleansing foam from Dermaceutic and I’ve been amazed by the almost instant results I’ve experienced. My face looks softer, more radiant and my skin texture has even improved considerably after only a few uses. I’m impressed. It goes without saying that I’ll keep using this until it’s finished and then I’ll probably cry, pull myself together and go buy another bottle. Foamer 15 is formulated with Glycolic acid, which removes impurities, and permeates the hydroscopic film, while the active ingredient of enoxolone soothes the skin. R550 at selected skin clinics.
5. What do most girls wish for? Besides eating cake and never getting fat. To receive a gift voucher to go shopping with. I don’t know about you but that’s definitely one of my favourite things. I recently had the pleasure of doing just that over on the Superbalist website – a shoppers dream. You can find anything from clothing to home decor. They also had a phenomenal sale on a few weeks ago and I almost overfilled my cart before reality and what I actually earn sunk in like a bucket of cold water in my face. However, I managed to pick up a gorgeous, perfectly fitted pair of jeans from Jacqueline de Yong. I live in jeans and nothing beats a pair that hugs all the right ‘bits’. I also settled on some dainty jewellery – a pretty necklace from Bennt and some tiny half-moon studs from Orelia. Overall I was super impressed with everything I bought. It all looked the same in real life as it did on the website and best of all my tightly wrapped up package arrived only a few days after placing my order. What a pleasure online shopping is when everything runs smoothly!